May 13, 2019
I often get asked what the bare-bones, must-have steps in a balanced, green beauty skin care routine are. Basic routines are my favourite because they are easy to follow and more likely to be executed. When our skin needs extra support, we can quickly ﬁgure out where to make tweaks. In this episode, I’ll share the steps that, if our skin could talk, would tell us it wants to remain balanced, happy, and healthy. I also dive into one add-on you might want to consider for boosting a basic routine.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- The 4 steps in a basic (yet effective) natural skin care routine
- The what and why behind each step
- "Oily yet dry" - why your skin might be feeling this way and what to do about it
- 3 (good) reasons for including a facial mask in your routine
- The 4 things I wish I could have told myself about acne skin care routines when I first started breaking out as a pre-teen (including advice about internal factors - like avoiding a common supplement that made me break out like crazy!)
- Hydration for the skin (why it's important and how to work it into your routine effectively)
- The different reasons for cleansing at night vs in the morning
- The different reasons for moisturizing at night vs in the morning
- The difference between morning and evening routines for the skin
- How sun protection factors in (and why)
- How to calm down the skin down - quickly and easily
- How to support your lipid barrier (and how to know if you need to)
- My favourite hydration-rich ingredients in natural skin care
- How to know if your skin is dehydrated (and what do about it)
- What to do to buffer acne prone skin against sebum oxidation and inflammation
April 23, 2019
In this episode, we speak with Alexandra Mckay from Benevolent Barn about...
- Sensitive skin (she's an orchid - find out if you are too here)
- Her skincare routine
- What her skin is like after 2 years of embracing slow skincare
- When and why she changes up her skincare routine
- The connection between yoga and Alex's skin
- Her approach to self-care (and why that's been good for her skin)
- Compassionate living through passion projects
- What the day in the life of a mother, non-profit owner, yoga teacher, employee, wife, and more looks like (and how she manages to juggle it all without going into burn out mode)
- What restorative yoga is (it's probably not what you're thinking it is)
- Her mini farm sanctuary
- How mindful, compassionate living, self-care, and embracing passion projects helps her and her family be more balanced, happy and fulfilled.
Alex's Current Skincare Routine
Skincare Products Mentioned:
March 27, 2019
A big episode where we cover a lot of ground including:
- Where to start when our relationship with our skin might need an infusion of kindness
- How to start "reading" your skin to know what it's trying to communicate with you
- The biggest trend I'm seeing in our Radiant Rebel skincare community right now: weak lipid barriers
- Causes of lipid barrier damage
- Signs of lipid barrier damage (it isn't always dry or sensitive skin)
- One way to check in with your lipid barrier
- Tips for supporting your lipid barrier
Find out more about Grounded Sage at GroundedSage.com
Find Jamie on Instagram @groundedsage
March 20, 2019
The Grounded Sage Podcast is a gentle wellness podcast for earthy, heart-centred individuals who want to contribute to a kinder world. We'll focus on cultivating an uplifting approach to skin care, self-care, and life!
If you feel overwhelmed with all the good you want to do in the world, how to bring balance to your life, and how to bring the compassion you have in heaps and bounds for others to some of your self-care practices, you're in the right place.
The Grounded Sage Podcast is hosted by Jamie Sabot, an autumn soul living in rural Ontario with her partner and their pack of rescue dogs. She's also the founder of Grounded Sage Skincare - a small, artisan skincare company that handcrafts natural, peace of mind skincare.
With a mix of solo shows and guest interviews, this podcast will focus on how to thrive as a sensitive, caring soul without becoming overwhelmed by all the "shoulds" of self-care, skincare, beauty, activism, creativity, and more.